Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Welcome to the Blog

Let's just say it's been a while since I ventured into blogging. The last go around went pretty good (or well, bleh) and then I fell off the earth for many reasons. The last election was super painful, more painful than the first Obama win. I'll get into that later. Right now I want to explain the blog theme and hopefully generate a little interest in what I am doing here, if not, that's OK too. A good friend reminded me that the blog isn't about other people, it's about me. My thoughts. My opinions. My life. My story. My journey....me. That may sound like a generation X self-absorbed gym rat, or a millennial narcissist and for that, I apologize. I welcome all who want to join in, whether you agree with me or not is up to you. We all have our differing opinions and that is a good thing. What I want to convey on this blog is the conclusion that I have come to regarding life, politics, American culture and the big taboo, religion. The reason I call it Political Rehab is because I do think sometimes we are addicted to what is comfortable to us. Whether that is a certain thought process or extreme allegiance to a political party or philosophy, it can be crippling. The 12 step program includes God or some higher power and I also intend to express my views regarding God. That doesn't mean I am here to preach. To the contrary. I hate preaching. I will only express what I find to be the truth. My truth does not invalidate your truth, nor do I consider it a universal truth....unless it is. This is a place of discussion, not correction. Clarity over agreement. Not superior thoughts or information. Like my other blog, I am not a news source. This is commentary. I believe that the political system is so corrupt in America that I needed a place to express my frustration. I don't care what political party you align yourself with, that party is a monster of corruption. I don't want to opine with such righteous indignation that I put myself over people who believe whole-heartedly in their causes. I want people to understand that their complete marriage to certain ideas has created a blind and narrow and dare I say dangerous devotion. It's created an addiction to emotional concepts and marketing ploys instead of to truth and competency.  If a leader professes to support your strongly held belief, they will have your undying support. No. Stop the madness. This blog is here to ween you off your devotion to lame stupid causes that hinder your view of the bigger picture. I'm not saying I'm the answer. I'm saying let's talk each other off the LSD ledge. I chose LSD because it's a hallucinogen.  Our illusions seem so real! AND Please understand that convictions are more important than ANYTHING. This is not a place to break down your convictions, nor do I intend to challenge a deeply held religious or philosophical belief. THAT is not my intention. This is strictly challenging the minute that is unexplainably become a distraction. Hold on to your convictions, whatever they may be. But open your mind, just a little. For example: gay marriage. This cause has given us the worst President in history. Social issue voters were so "married" to this cause that they devoted themselves to a fraud. More on that. Social issues in my opinion, should not be a consideration in FEDERAL elections. Let the states decide. Now we have a federal monster telling us all how to live based on marriage views and women's vagina's. Marry your dog and put him on your benefits at work....I DON'T CARE. Let's get some smart people in the White House. I feel your scope creeping up my cavity Barry. Thanks, social voters.
And a side note. I am a Mormon, and I will be talking about my religion and culture in an honest and informative way. I am not a spokesperson for the Church. So before you go telling everyone what Mormons think based on my words, know that I'm every woman, but I am not every Mormon. Assume nothing. Right on people! Let's make some blog babies!


5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back into the blogging world! I look forward to your rantings, er WRITINGS! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here for the drunken posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I have comments!! DB, me and drunk is not a good thing! But I look forward to the drunk comments....
    Thanks Righty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so cool to see you back in the blogosphere, Nik. What you say makes sense, we are all hooked on our convictions in one way or another. Hope you don't mind if I just hang out simply to read your clever spin on things. I've been on a bit of extended vacay from political commentary. And I definitely don't want the current president's name back in my thinking. I've been enjoying life without him, pretending he's not there. It's been nice. I love that you're back though. Your writing always make me think or giggle or LOL. Welcome back, girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete